CROWNS & BRIDGES
THE BEST WAY TO ENHANCE THE BEAUTY
OF YOUR AWARD WINNING SMILE
Book Your New Smile Consultation Now
Claim Face to Face Consultation Offer via Zoom
What is a crown?
How are crowns fitted?
To fit a crown, the tooth is filed down and reshaped. All decay must be removed so that the tooth structure is restored well enough to fit and support the crown. The crown slots over the tooth and is cemented into place.
What is a bridge?
A bridge replaces missing teeth by connecting a fake tooth to healthy teeth either side of it. They are usually made from porcelain fused to metal so that they are both strong and aesthetically pleasing.
How is a bridge fitted?
A bridge is attached to two crowns either side of the gap. These crowns are prepared and then a bridge is cemented into place.
Why would a crown or bridge be required?
Crowns can be used when:
- A tooth is fractured or damaged.
- Decay has weakened a tooth.
- A tooth is severely discoloured
- A dental bridge needs a crown to attach to.
Bridges are used to replace missing teeth however Dr Chhoker typically prefers not to use bridges as if any of the teeth linked to the bridge begin to decay then this affects the teeth connected.
How to look after crowns and bridges
- Brush twice a day
- Floss daily taking extra care around the crown
- Avoid sticky foods such as sweets
- Avoid biting your nails, chewing on pens etc.
- Use a waterpik to help keep the bridge clean
- Regularly attend check up and cleans
How long will a crown or bridge last?
The lifespan of dental work heavily depends on how well you look after it and clean it. Genetics also play a large role in how long dental work will last.